History of Srila Bilvamangala Thakur ( Part - 2)

 .....  continuation after part 1;

To read Part - 1, click here: PART 1

The woman’s husband with astonishment inquired from Bilva “Namaste, we are so fortunate to have you visit our home after all it's the householders duty to serve their guests especially holy man like you, kindly tell us how we can serve you, is there anything we can get for you”. Bilva with nervous voice says “umm… yes, I would like to… I would like to be alone with your wife”.

Woman’s husband Oh! this is the strange request but yes, if that's what you want then it's our duty to serve you… I will wait outside sir & you can be alone with my wife”.

Later Bilva goes (after getting alone with a woman in a room) “Dear lady, kindly let down your hair & now hand me your hairpins, once again I have been tempted by the sight of a beautiful woman, these eyes have betrayed me, they are my enemies”. Ashamed of himself for once again falling victim to his lusty desires, Bilva plucked out his eyes with hairpins and blinded himself in order to carry on his pursuit of spiritual life.

Bilva requested the couple “Lead me, lead me to Vrindavana”. Bilva mangala made his way to Vrindavana. There he lived simply & dedicated himself to developing his loving relationship with Lord Sri Krishna. He'd perform penance & was spending much of his time chanting & composing prayers to glorify his beloved Lord Sri Krishna. 

Related image

Many years Later… 

Lord Sri Krishna conquered by Bilva's devotion reached out to him in the disguise as a child.

Lord Sri Krishna asks Bilva "Excuse me sir, my friends and I enjoy your singing & prayers, will you kindly accept this gift of milk”. Bilva replies "whose voice is this, so light & fresh. Come closer please, oh gentle soul describe yourself to this poor blind old fool”.

On which Lord Sri Krishna replies "I am just a cowherd boy from the village. If you like sir, I can bring you milk everyday.” Bilva goes "Thank you, that's very kind of you”.

So every day Lord Krishna would come with fresh creamy milk for him.

Lord Krishna in his light voice says "Thakur ji I have bought you some milk”. Bilva replies “Dear child come closer, I know who you are, you are Sri Krishna, my beloved Sri Krishna”. On which Lord Sri Krishna replies in giggles "Thakur ji, I am just a simple cowherd boy”.

Bilva says "Oh! my dear Krishna, you may escape my grasp but you will never escape from my heart for I have captured you here forever…”.

This way Bilvamangala Thakur spent his last days in this mortal world, singing glories of the Lord Sri Krishna. Pleased with his unalloyed devotion, Lord Krishna who is also known as Bhakta-vatsala personally come to give pleasure to his pure devotee. This pastimes -  we cannot conceive in our conditioned state.

Please share is beautiful pastime with whomever you come in contact................

Haribol!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing interesting past time...
    I have a query, will be grateful to hear from you....
    In current scenario we have many people practicing spirituality and they may also sometimes feel lusty, so should they all pluck their eyes out and go to Vrindavan ? What is the guarantee that after plucking eyes out he will not feel lusty? Even a blind man can be lusty?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really an interesting question. I will try my best to answer.
      Here you go....
      First of all we must understand - it is not the "plucking out the eyes" freed Bilvamangala Thakur from Lust but his genuine REPENTANCE for his sinful tendencies. In Srimad Bhagavatam, it is said that when one genuinely repents for his mistakes then the fire of repentance will burn all the sinful reactions into ashes.
      Again it is not the "plucking out eyes" enable him to receive personal association of Lord Sri Krishna but his EAGERNESS to please the Lord by singing his glories constantly.
      Details may change person from to person but the principle is "If one has genuine repentance for his past and very eager to serve the Supreme Lord, he can attain the perfection as Bilvamangala Thakur".
      Just by plucking out the eyes, we cannot pluck out Lust within our hearts. Plucking out eyes is mere detail in the pastime of Bilvamangala Thakur.
      Hope it answered your question. Thank you very much.

      Delete
    2. Perfect answer 😊... Thank you very much

      Delete
    3. I see myself having no eagerness to please Krishna, can you please suggest how to develop these eagerness that Bilvamangal Thakur was having to please Krishna?

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I see people take some steps for repentance but again commit sins (like once in a week going in front of God and revealing sins in repentance in front of him but again next week do the same sins again) what is their destiny? what should they do then to never commit sin again? For me these kind of repentance looks nothing more than elephant bath....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stories are good and nectarine to read, but the lessons that has to be learnt are generally missing in your articles. Next time onwards share valuable lessons also.

    For example, in this story we can very clearly understand that the mere attraction between man and woman (which is nothing but a bag of blood, bones etc.... ) is of no use rather to perfect life we should develop that attachment to Krishna.

    Similarly, there can be many hidden lessons in these stories and people like you who read sastras under bonafide Guru can know... please enlighten everyone by that lessons....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Must read

Damodara Lila: Mother Yaśodā binds Lord Sri Kṛṣṇa

Story: A Brahmana who offered sweet rice to Lord Narayana within his mind

History of Srila Bilvamangala Thakur (Part -1)